Live Virtual Karate
1. Book your session in the booking option above
2. Class Space is limited. Book ASAP
3. Student will need a device larger than a phone. A Tablet, laptop, desk top, or anything attached to a TV.
4. The camera should be set up chest height(of the student), 6-10 feet away. The camera should see head to toe and see about a 6ft circumference on the floor.
5. Download the Zoom App on decided device. No sign up required.
6. Invites to Zoom classes will be sent out the day prior of appointment. If session is booked the day of, it will be sent out ASAP.
7. Students should have water near by for water break. Sunglasses if needed. Shoes if needed(depends on their practice area)
8. If the student has a punching bag of any sort, it will best to have it available. If they don't, no biggie, we can use a tree like Sensei Scott did(Seriously). Something for a target.
LITTLE SAMURAI PROGRAM
The little samurai program is designed for the 5,6, and 7 yr old kids ready to start their karate journey. It is a rotating curriculum Of the basic techniques and combos so that any student may jump in at any time and not feel behind. When the student has displayed the required character traits to attend the twice a week beginner course they will start with the next beginner group.
All new students start and graduate a 3 month beginner program with other new students of the same age group. New students are not in class with advanced students for roughly the first 12 months.
The next level after the beginner program is the level 1 program. This program is compiled of adv. white, yellow and some orange belts. They will be in this program for approximately 6-12.
At some point between orange and blue(depending on maturity and size) they will move to level 2 classes. These classes include all other ranks up to black belt.
Adult beginner program- The adult beginner program last approximately two months. All students are required to complete the beginner program even if they have rank in another system. This allows them to have a full understanding of our basic foundation and the differences in styles.
After completion of the beginner program all adults move to the normal adult classes including all other ranks.
OKINAWA KOBUDO (WEAPONS)
This program is offered as and addition to our core curriculum. It is only offered to blue belts and above that have shown an interest in weapons and can demonstrate the first 2 Korean bo forms.
It consists of A wide variety of traditional weapons as taught in Okinawa by master sekichi odo.
This program has its own ranking system and is displayed with a round icon at the end of the students belt.